Here you can find information about getting an abortion in Poland and other countries that have made abortion illegal or in the Netherlands where abortions are legal up to 22 weeks.
Abortion In Poland
Abortion in Poland is illegal. However for pregnancies up to 12 weeks an at home abortion with pills is a safe way to end a pregnancy. Please contact the Abortion Without Borders helpline to get more information on your options: + 48 22 29 22 597 (08:00-20:00) or send an e-mail via firstname.lastname@example.org
Abortion In the Netherlands
Information about abortion in the Netherlands:
ANA works mostly with three clinics in and around Amsterdam: the Abortuskliniek Amsterdam, the Beahuis & Bloemenhovekliniek (who are run by the same management) and the Vrelinghuis.
If you need (financial) help, email ANA before making an appointment.
Below you’ll find a list of all abortion clinics in the Netherlands.
Up to 9 weeks
Women on Waves Amsterdam
Up to 12 weeks
Vrouwen Medisch Centrum
Abortuskliniek Den Haag
Up to 18 weeks
Stichting Abortuskliniek Amsterdam
Up to 22 weeks
Beahuis & Bloemenhovekliniek
*the Women on Waves clinic provides medical abortions only. You can go here even if you are not insured and/or not a citizen of the Netherlands.
**the Mildred clinic, Den Bosch is located in a health center. It is only open on Saturdays and provides medical abortions only.
Abortion clinics which specialise in second trimester abortions (up to 22 weeks)
Practical information for procedures
If you need help making an appointment, we can call the clinic for you.
We will need the following information from you when scheduling an abortion:
- Your full name
- Your date of birth
- Your height and weight
- A copy of an ultrasound or a doctor’s note confirming your pregnancy. You can also send us the date of the ultrasound and the following values on the ultrasound: BPD and FL
- The first day of your last period*
- Whether you have a European Health Insurance Card or can get one
- A telephone number where you can be reached if needed
- Any allergies you have
- Any medication you take
- Do you already have children? If so, were any born by cesarean section?
- Is there an issue with this pregnancy that might need special attention during the procedure? (Please share medical details honestly, so we can find the appropriate clinic for you. This can even be a dutch hospital in rare complicated cases)
- What is the earliest date you can get an appointment?
- Do you have anyone you trust who knows about your situation?
- Have you been vaccinated against Covid?
*The pregnancy term is counted in weeks starting from the first day of your last period – the earliest you will find out you are pregnant is usually around 5 weeks from this date.
5* – 8 weeks
procedure: at clinic – 1 oral tablet (Mifegyne) that blocks proceeding pregnancy
2 days later – 4x vaginal tablet (Misoprostol) that causes cramping
*5 day consideration time not needed if within 45 days after last menstruation. (= up to 6 weeks + 2 days pregnant)
5 – 12 weeks
anesthesia: local anesthesia (injections) or sedation (light anesthesia)
duration procedure: 5-10 mins
total time at clinic: 5 hours
13 – 17 weeks
anesthesia: usually sedation, local anesthesia in some cases
duration procedure: 10-20 mins
total time at clinic: 6 hours
18 – 22 weeks
anesthesia: always general sedation
duration procedure: 15-25 mins
total time at the clinic: 8-10 hours